Wednesday, October 2, 2024

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Week 39 Prompt - In The Newspaper

2024

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks

Week 39

Prompt – In the Newspaper

Elmer Elvin Hack Ca. 1960
 Elmer Elvin Hack is Bill's maternal first cousin. Elmer Hack was born on 22 Nov 1943 in Melville, Saskatchewan. On 30 Aug 1970 he married Joyce Louise West. They were married at Peace Garden Chapel, International Peace Gardens, Manitoba.

They had two daughters; Tiffany Louise Hack born in 1975 in Brandon, Manitoba, Tamelyn Joy Hack born in 1979 in San Benardino, California.

Unfortunately Elmer Hack died young on 28 Mar 1982 in Palm Springs, California at the age of 38. The family was told he died in a motorcycle accident.

I was looking for his obituary in my newspaper database to complete his information on his family tree. I was looking specifically for the date of his death and where and when he was buried. I came across this article.

Printed on 29 Mar 1982 in The Desert Sun on Page 2.  

I never expected to come across the article describing his accident. I am pretty sure that Bill and his parents did not know of the circumstances of the accident. Elmer Hack was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I never did find a newspaper obituary however Bill's mother did have the funeral card bulletin that her sister (Elmer's mother) sent to her for her keepsakes. I was able to scan it into my genealogy photographs and thus able to complete Elmer Hack's death and burial dates on his family tree. 


 

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Week 39 Prompt - In The Newspaper

2024 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Week 39 Prompt – In the Newspaper Elmer Elvin Hack Ca. 1960   Elmer Elvin Hack is Bill's maternal first...