Sunday, June 30, 2024

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Week 25 Prompt - Storyteller

2024

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks

Week 25

Prompt - Storyteller 


I started doing these blogs in January, 2018. I had been researching genealogy for more than 10 years at that time. I felt that I had so much information for my and Bill's family trees. The problem was that it stayed on my laptop and unless I was asked something specific that is where the information stayed.

It seemed to me that there has to be something more to genealogy than the birth, christenings, marriage, and death statistics. Thus began the stories that I knew and then the stories of my relatives. I added historical background where I thought it would help the story.

Jackie edited and then compiled them into a book. What a beautiful surprise to see my words put into a book. It wasn't real. We have 2018 and 2019 published. I wait patiently for the next one to be edited and assembled.

I really don't consider myself a “storyteller”. All I can hope is that these blogs / stories help my children, grandchildren and extended family know who our ancestors and families were.

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Week 39 Prompt - In The Newspaper

2024 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Week 39 Prompt – In the Newspaper Elmer Elvin Hack Ca. 1960   Elmer Elvin Hack is Bill's maternal first...