Thursday, February 11, 2021

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Week 5 Prompt - In The Kitchen

 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks

Week 5

Prompt – In The Kitchen

I have a recollection of a special soup that Grandmother Elisabeth Peters served or maybe it was her daughters Mary or Katie that served it.  I don't believe that our mother ever made it in our home; none the less it was a special treat for dad.  My sister, Betty remembers it fondly too.   I have this vague recollection that I tried it once as a young girl while visiting some relative.  It did not appeal to me at all.  It was a cold fruit soup and they called it Pluma Moos or maybe Plumi Moos.

I looked on line for a recipe. I found a blog called “Mennonite Girls Can Cook”. It's opening statement says this: “Mennonite Girls Can Cook is a collection of recipes which were posted daily for a period of ten years from 2008 to 2018. We have over 3,000 delicious recipes that we invite you to try.“

Their recipes were divine to read through.  Who would have thought about butter tart doughnuts?   They did have recipes for Plumi Moos which I will include here.  Again they are from their blog and not my recipes.  If one day you are standing in your kitchen trying to decide what to make, maybe this recipe will come to mind.  And if you make it please think of The Mennonite side of my father's family.


 


 

 

 

 






















Wendy



No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Week 19  Prompt - Taking Care of Business It was exhausting. It was emotional. Last week Bill, myself, my daug...